Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الاثنين، 5 سبتمبر 2016

15 Reasons Scrolling Through Instagram is Ruining My Bank Account

Have you ever bought something because you thought it would make a good Instagram photo?

I know. You think I’m kidding.

But a friend of a friend recently admitted to planning vacations with her Insta feed in mind. Sounds crazy, right?

Maybe I don’t go that far. But I’m definitely guilty of social media-inspired FOMO spending. You know, buying something to quell my fear of missing out…

Can you relate to any of my Instagram FOMO?

1. Every photo of a city I’m not in makes me want to buy a plane ticket, like, now.

That TPA to SFO flight doesn’t come cheap, but, COME. ON.

2. I can’t stop moving different places, because everyone is either hanging out on the beach without me…  

3. …Or they’re falling in love over a snowman while I’m alone in Florida. #facepalm

4. When I’m alone with Insta on a Friday night and see concert pics, I immediately click over to BandsinTown.

I thought photography wasn’t allowed?

5.  Everyone is definitely getting a new car way more often than I am.

You’re going to want to uncover those eyes…

6. Of course I need to hire an interior decorator and buy all new furniture.

I’ll probably need to hire someone to clean the place, too…

7. When it comes to food, I pretty much just do whatever Tasty tells me to.

Even when it means letting the other groceries go bad.

8. If I go out to eat, I want it to look like this every time.

Gotta buy wine. It’s good for composition.

9. I’m convinced I could nail this pose if I just had the right yoga pants.

Yeah, it’s definitely the pants.

10. And I’d probably be way more successful if I dressed like this.

Would you hire me in that outfit?

11. I obviously don’t run enough races.

So I’ll need a gym membership, running shoes, cute shorts, cute shirts, cute headbands and a cute friend.

12. If I’m really in love, my wedding will have to be very expensive.

Because how else would people know?

13. Seriously stalled on my bucket list. I think I need a life coach.

Or at least a new suit.

14. Is this kid better than my kid?

Definitely going to have to spring for those fashion pre-school summer preparatory courses.

15. My dog needs better toys if she’s going to be happy.

She doesn’t even have her own laptop. And I don’t even have a dog, so you can see how these two expenses will add up!

Your Turn: I can’t be the only one! Are you guilty of FOMO spending?

Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s written for Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Writer’s Digest and more, attempting humor wherever it’s allowed (and sometimes where it’s not).

The post 15 Reasons Scrolling Through Instagram is Ruining My Bank Account appeared first on The Penny Hoarder.



source The Penny Hoarder http://ift.tt/2c65AxE

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق