Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الأربعاء، 5 أكتوبر 2016

Wanna Cuddle With Koalas? This Guy’s Giving Away His Wildlife Sanctuary

Wanna know my first word? Probably not, but I’ll tell you anyways: “Brie.”

Not because I loved the cheese — because it was my dog’s name.

That’s right: I said my dog’s name before “Ma” or “Pa.”

In other words, I’ve been o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with animals since I was born.

If you or someone you know is riding that animal-lover train hard, too, you’ll want to listen up: A man is giving away his Australian wildlife sanctuary — for free.

How to Own This Australian Wildlife Sanctuary

Harry Kunz founded Eagle’s Nest Wildlife Sanctuary in Queensland, Australia, more than 30 years ago.

Since then, he’s rescued everything from birds to cassowaries, emus and koalas, according to The Guardian, and has a 78% survival rate.

“Patients are commonly hit by cars, attacked by domestic dogs or cats, or made sick by indiscriminately used pesticides or poisons,” The Guardian reports. He cares for more than 1,200 animals each year.

And now, Kunz is ready to retire.

He’s received proposals (and money) to turn his five acres into other things, but Kunz wants it to remain as is.

“I’ve had a few offers but I said no, I want this continuing as a wildlife hospital because that’s what I’ve tried to do for almost 30 years now,” he told The Guardian.

“I don’t want to lose what I created and built up, every shred, with all my money,” he explained.

Think you’re the perfect person to take over?

The Guardian doesn’t specify the best way to get in touch with Kunz, but his website seems like a good place to start.

Then, as The Guardian reports: “Prospective successors would be invited to train at the sanctuary with Kunz… before he decides on the most suitable to continue his legacy.”

He’d teach you everything, from finding free truckloads of bananas to obtaining the grants that fund the AU$60,000 of annual upkeep (approximately $46,000 here in the U.S.).

And the only requirement?

“Love for our environment and wildlife, and common sense,” Kunz said.

Your Turn: Ready to move to Australia and take care of wildlife? Let us know if you get in touch with Kunz!

Susan Shain, senior writer for The Penny Hoarder, is always seeking adventure on a budget. Visit her blog at susanshain.com, or say hi on Twitter @susan_shain.

The post Wanna Cuddle With Koalas? This Guy’s Giving Away His Wildlife Sanctuary appeared first on The Penny Hoarder.



source The Penny Hoarder http://ift.tt/2dszQH6

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق