Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الاثنين، 21 نوفمبر 2016

My Dual Obsession: Corvettes and The BuyPower Card from Capital One

When I was growing up, I was like any other little boy.

I loved superheroes, getting dirty, and fast cars that could dash around a racetrack at lightning fast speeds.

I loved race cars so much, in fact, that I would fantasize about becoming a professional driver when I grew up.

I imagined myself donning protective gear, driving 200+ miles per hour, and dodging other cars and obstacles left and right.

my-dual-obsession_-corvettes-and-the-gm-buypower-card

I never thought any of that would happen, but it was still fun to dream. And really, dreaming was about all I could do when I was a kid. You see, my dad drove a 1980 Chevy Nova when I was in grade school. In case you’re not familiar with the Chevy Nova look, it was a small, boxy car with a super slow engine. Basically, it was the exact opposite of the fast cars I obsessed over.

But as I got older, something happened. My mom started dating a new guy who owned a real-life racecar that blew my mind. I wasn’t sure what I thought about my mom’s new date, but I sure loved his 1967 Red Corvette Convertible.

As a nine-year-old, it was easily the coolest car I had ever seen! While I couldn’t drive it, I loved sitting in the driver’s seat and imagining what life would be like behind the wheel. I was just a kid, after all, and this is the type of stuff kid’s dreams are made of!

My Childhood Dreams Come True

Fast forward more than 25 years and I’m forced to drive a car big enough to haul around a family of six. Still, I was so excited when General Motors and the BuyPower Card from Capital One team reached out to me about driving a new Corvette in an enclosed racetrack. Obviously, there was no way I could pass this up!

2016-10-24_16-06-11_optimized

There are two reasons I thought this was a good opportunity. First, I love Corvettes and couldn’t wait to drive one. Second, I know a lot of people could stand to learn more about the BuyPower Card from Capital One and how it could help them save up to buy their dream car.

In case you’re not aware of the BuyPower card and how it works, this card puts a unique spin on rewards. Basically, you use the card for regular purchases, earn points for each dollar you spend, then use your points to save money on a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac Vehicle.

But unlike other rewards cards, the perks this card offers are substantial. With the BuyPower Card from Capital One, you get 5 percent back on your first $5,000 spent each year then 2 percent back in perpetuity. There is no cap on the rewards you can earn and your points will never expire. Plus, the BuyPower card doesn’t charge an annual fee.

As I hurried around the racetrack in this amazing Corvette, I couldn’t help but think how beneficial it would be to have an easy way to save up a larger down payment for a similar car. Obviously, a new Corvette is nice….but it’s even better if you get an awesome deal.

2016-10-24_09-40-32_optimized

At a BuyPower VIP event I was invited to, I learned more about the type of people who take advantage of this rewards credit card and all it offers. One VIP I met with, Bill from Indiana, said he has carried the the BuyPower Credit Card from Capital One for more than thirty years. During that time, he redeemed rewards to purchase 11 vehicles for himself and his immediate family members.

Another small business owner I spoke to used his points to purchase new trucks for business use. With 5 percent back on your first $5,000 spent and 2 percent back thereafter, he couldn’t beat the rewards with any other card, he said.

A MasterCard spokesperson I met felt she knew exactly why this card was so popular. It was the simplicity of the card and how easily members could rack up points, she said.

Obviously, earning 5 percent back is a huge benefit, but getting an unlimited 2 percent back on all purchases helps people rack up points much faster. The fact that you can use these points directly at GM, Cadillac, Buick, and Chevy dealers is also a huge perk among loyal buyers who love their favorite car brand.

Should You Get the BuyPower Card from Capital One?

Driving a Corvette was a fun experience, and it’s one I won’t forget for a long time. In a lot of ways, it brought me back to the days when I was just nine-years-old. Except this time, I didn’t have to sit behind the wheel and pretend. My stick shift skills were a little rusty and I stalled the Corvette a few times, but I had fun nonetheless.

1_optimized

Best of all, this trip reinforced the idea that there are so many ways to save up for a newer car if buying one is a priority. With the BuyPower Card from Capital One, you can earn a ton of points for each dollar you spend and use them to save money on your new car purchase.

Even better, you can “stack” your rewards with other discounts for an even better deal. If you’re in the market for a new car and want to stick to a reliable GM, Chevrolet, Cadillac, or Buick model, the BuyPower Card from Capital One is a smart option to consider.

With plenty of amazing vehicles to choose from, this rewards card is definitely on my radar, too. But with four kids, my dream Corvette will have to wait.

Did you fantasize about growing up to become a race car driver? Spill the details below.



Source Good Financial Cents http://ift.tt/2fjeeHY

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق