Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الأربعاء، 28 يونيو 2017

I Compared 8 Buyback Sites to See Which Would Pay More for My Old Phone

I recently purchased a new phone, which proved to be one of the larger purchases I’ve made this year (even larger than a round-trip flight to Europe).

Now that I have an old, still-functioning phone hanging around, I’ve been looking into to selling it — you know, to alleviate some of the pain I felt swiping my credit card.

I’ve read a lot about a buy back site called Decluttr, so I started there.

The big appeal with Decluttr is the company sends you a free box, you stash your old phone in it and ship it off for free.

Then, you get paid. It means you don’t have wait around for a buyer to bite.

Plus, Decluttr has a deal going on now where I can get an additional 10% back by entering PENNY10 at checkout.

But will it actually give me the most money? I decided to poke around the internet.

Of 8 Buyback Sites, This Company Offered the Most 80% of the Time

I started by pricing my phone, but then I was interested in looking into other makes and models as well.

For the sake of consistency, I noted all of these devices were in “good” or “fair” conditions, depending on how the sites defined the term.

Each time, I said my phone was registered with AT&T, though it seems like you’ll get a little more back if it falls into the “factory unlocked” category. You might also get a few extra dollars if you have the original packaging or charger.

Note: I can’t guarantee your estimates will be the same as these. It’ll depend on the day and the site’s demand, as well as your phone’s condition.

All right. Here’s what I found: 

Apple iPhone 6

64 GB

  • Decluttr: $181.50
  • Buyback Boss: $170
  • Gazelle: $120
  • iGotOffer: $165
  • ItsWorthMore.com: $140
  • MaxBack: $135
  • SwopSmart: $171
  • The Whiz Cells: $151

Apple iPhone 5C

32 GB

  • Decluttr: $52.80
  • Buyback Boss: $50
  • Gazelle: $40
  • iGotOffer: $45
  • ItsWorthMore.com: $60
  • MaxBack: $47
  • SwopSmart: $46
  • The Whiz Cells: $45

Apple iPhone 4S

64 GB

  • Decluttr: $30.80
  • Buyback Boss: $10
  • Gazelle: not listed
  • iGotOffer: $1
  • ItsWorthMore.com: $20
  • MaxBack: not listed
  • SwopSmart: $20
  • The Whiz Cells: not listed

Samsung Galaxy S7

32 GB

  • Decluttr: $209
  • Buyback Boss: not listed
  • Gazelle: $115
  • iGotOffer: $105
  • ItsWorthMore.com: $155
  • MaxBack: $191
  • SwopSmart: $216
  • The Whiz Cells: $202

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

32 GB

  • Decluttr: $101.20
  • Buyback Boss: not listed
  • Gazelle: $40
  • iGotOffer: $75
  • ItsWorthMore.com: $65
  • MaxBack: $51
  • SwopSmart: $75
  • The Whiz Cells: $68

BlackBerry Q10

16 GB

  • Decluttr: $29.70
  • Buyback Boss: not listed
  • Gazelle: $5
  • iGotOffer: not listed
  • ItsWorthMore.com: not listed
  • MaxBack: not listed
  • SwopSmart: $18
  • The Whiz Cells: $24

HTC One (M8)

32 GB

  • Decluttr: $77
  • Buyback Boss: not listed
  • Gazelle: $25
  • iGotOffer: not listed
  • Itsworthmore: $40
  • MaxBack: $33
  • SwopSmart: $36
  • The Whiz Cells: $51

LG G4

16 GB

  • Decluttr: $79.20
  • Buyback Boss: not listed
  • Gazelle: $35
  • iGotOffer: not listed
  • ItsWorthMore.com: not listed
  • MaxBack: $51
  • SwopSmart: $50
  • The Whiz Cells: $64

Motorola Moto X

16 GB

  • Decluttr: $25.30
  • Buyback Boss: not listed
  • Gazelle: $5
  • iGotOffer: not listed
  • ItsWorthMore.com: not listed
  • MaxBack: not listed
  • SwopSmart: $12
  • The Whiz Cells: $6

Nokia Lumia 1520

32 GB

  • Decluttr: $88
  • Buyback Boss: not listed
  • Gazelle: $10
  • iGotOffer: not listed
  • ItsWorthMore.com: not listed
  • MaxBack: $37
  • SwopSmart: not listed
  • The Whiz Cells: $45

So… Where Will You Get the Most Money For Your Used Phone?

For my iPhone 6, it looks like I can get the most from Decluttr — especially with that additional 10% back.

Plus, like I mentioned, I don’t have to pay for packaging or shipping. And I’ll get paid the day after Decluttr receives my package.

If you want to give Decluttr a try, go ahead and snag that additional 10% back bonus.

Then, let us know how much money you got back!

Carson Kohler (@CarsonKohler) is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder. She hates herself for how much she spent on her new phone.

This was originally published on The Penny Hoarder, one of the largest personal finance websites. We help millions of readers worldwide earn and save money by sharing unique job opportunities, personal stories, freebies and more. In 2016, Inc. 500 ranked The Penny Hoarder as the No. 1 fastest-growing private media company in the U.S.



source The Penny Hoarder http://ift.tt/2sRNYP4

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق