Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الثلاثاء، 29 أغسطس 2017

Fight for your rights: Two online ‘trading’ companies took £368 in fees

Fight for your rights: Two online ‘trading’ companies took £368 in fees

Moneywise columnist Simon Read helps a reader that has lost money to two online 'trading' companies.

I was very ill during the winter months and while I was filling out online surveys, a flashing advert appeared and I accidently clicked on it on my mobile phone. I then got a phone call from a lady offering me a free sign up to a trading account with a £200 bonus. As I was at a low ebb, I stupidly gave her my bank details.

I thought it was just to set up the trading account, but she took £200 from my bank account. When I checked my computer, I was surprised to find I had a stocks and shares account with GTPcapital.

Another person called Jason phoned and he said he was my trade adviser. He then tried to take £4,500 from my bank account for security and guarantee. Luckily, my bank contacted me over this unauthorised transaction attempt.

However, I lost the initial £200 with GTPcapital. To try to regain it, I accepted another offer and allowed £168 to be used to set up an account with 365BinaryOption.

Despite it saying it would help me and trade for me, no one did anything, so I tried to trade myself and lost everything again. I am so upset. Can you help?

IW/Perthshire

You seem to have become easy prey for all sorts of rogues. Both GTPcapital and 365BinaryOption are just two of a growing number of unregulated binary options trading platforms, which offer investors the chance to make lots of money with little risk. But with most of the deals I’ve encountered, there doesn’t appear to be any way for investors to win, with the companies often demanding more money for investors to cash in their gains. In fact, the whole business is looking set to be “the world’s biggest online scam”, as one online site described it.

These companies call vulnerable people, trick them into handing over cash and then try to persuade them to hand over more and more. Some victims report having lost tens of thousands of pounds, so it looks as though you’ve escaped lightly. I tried to contact GTPcapital on your behalf, but emails were ignored and phone calls to its London number were diverted abroad. I suspect the firm operates out of Bulgaria, based on the address it lists on its website.

365BinaryOption appears to be owned by a company based on the South Pacific island of Efate which is part of Vanuatu, a country of some 80 small islands.

This is typical of global scammers who know that by being based abroad, they are out of reach of UK regulators and their victims can do nothing to get their money back. I advised you to block all the numbers of fi rms calling about binary options, but you were unwilling to do this, saying: “I need to keep the communication open because I need my money back.”

OUTCOME: I suspect there's no chance of getting the money back from these rogues.

Have you been let down by a company? Let Moneywise Fight for your Rights.

Section

Content Showcase

Fight For Your Rights

Free Tag

Related stories

Twitter



Source Moneywise http://ift.tt/2vGHtN1

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق