Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الثلاثاء، 3 أكتوبر 2017

Fight for your rights: Flat response from Currys to Prosecco problem

Fight for your rights: Flat response from Currys to Prosecco problem

Simon Read helps a reader get her money back from Currys.

"I bought my daughter a MacBook from Currys. At the time, the salesperson strongly advised I take out the Know How care plan at around £13 a month to cover accidental and technical issues. I contacted Know How after my daughter spilt Prosecco on her MacBook and damaged its lid, and explained that it was urgent as she has exams coming up. The technician arranged for pick-up and said it would repaired and delivered back in four days.

"But then I was told that the repair would not be covered under the warranty due to it appearing to exhibit accidental/careless damage. I was shocked! I was told I’d receive a letter explaining the reasons and how to appeal, but that it would take time. I had to bite the bullet and buy my daughter a new MacBook while continuing to chase Currys.

"I am shocked at this service because I was sold the product as an alternative to using my home insurance policy and on the basis that it covered accidental and technical damage in all eventualities."

WC/Chester

Having looked at the evidence, including pictures of the damaged MacBook, it seemed that Currys PC World should have repaired the laptop under the warranty.

We contacted the firm and, pleasingly, it responded quickly and agreed to cover the £999 cost of the replacement MacBook.

WC said: “Thank you for everything you did. It’s a great result, but Currys should have just repaired the laptop right at the start!”

I can’t help but agree.

OUTCOME: Currys pays £999 to cover cost of a new laptop

Simon Read is a money writer and broadcaster. He was the last personal finance editor at The Independent and is an expert on BBC1’s Right On The Money.

Have you been let down by a company? Let Moneywise Fight for your Rights.

Section

Free Tag

Related stories

Twitter



Source Moneywise http://ift.tt/2ylQzoe

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق