Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الاثنين، 30 أكتوبر 2017

Fight for your rights: The hotel expects me to pay 150% more for a room

The hotel expects me to pay 150% more for a room

Simon Read helps a reader who was asked to pay more for a hotel booking.

I booked a room at the LLanerch Inn in Mid-Wales for two nights next summer through Booking. com, and received confirmation for £80 a room a night, £160 in total.

A few weeks later, I received a telephone call from LLanerch Inn to let me know that, due to a change of management, it wanted to change the cost of the room to £200 a night.

I am unhappy with this and think it is unfair. I have received an email from Booking.com saying that it could reduce the price of the room to £150 a night, classing it as the middle ground. I have offered to pay £100 a night, but Booking.com has said it will not accept this amount.

Due to high demand for hotels in the area, on the dates I booked there is no alternative accommodation available at a reasonable price.

Where do I stand on this? I have the confirmation stating the room was priced at £80 and I think it is unfair that it can increase the price of the room by such a substantial amount.

RR/Corwen, Denbighshire

I agree with you. The hotel accepted the booking and should honour it. I put your case to Booking.com and said I thought it was unfair if the prices offered by the firm turn out to be meaningless and can be raised on a whim.

Booking.com explained that the problem arose because there had been a change of ownership at the hotel and there was a disparity between the rates the new and old owner wanted to list for the summer of 2018.

The good news is that after our intervention, fairness won out and the new owner agreed that it’s not reasonable to raise the price after a customer has already booked. Therefore, RR will be able to visit at the price he originally booked the room for. Enjoy!

OUTCOME: Reader saves the extra £240 the hotel wanted to charge.

Simon Read is a money writer and broadcaster. He was the last personal finance editor at The Independent and is an expert on BBC1’s Right On The Money.

Have you been let down by a company? Let Moneywise Fight for your Rights.

Section

Free Tag

Related stories

Twitter



Source Moneywise http://ift.tt/2z4Fo2M

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق