Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الجمعة، 23 مارس 2018

My banking app has locked me out

My banking app has locked me out

Moneywise helps a reader who has been blocked from his Revolut account.

I had two fraudulent payments taken from my Revolut account without my knowledge.

Revolut told me my two claims would be escalated, but I heard nothing. Then I discovered my account had been terminated with £1,000 in it.

When I enquired about obtaining my funds, I was shunned. Can you help?

SW, London

Revolut is an alternative to traditional banking. It’s an app you use on your phone that is linked to a pre-paid Mastercard. It allows people to transfer money across the world and get keener rates on currency and no fees.

It was perfect for SW, whose job takes him all over Europe. That was until he disputed some charges on the app. It was used to buy items in England while he was overseas, he said.

Then it happened again. It was after the fourth time he disputed a payment that the account was closed.

When we contacted Revolut, it said: “We’re very sorry to hear that this customer has not had a positive experience while using the Revolut app, and we’re dedicated to making sure their complaint is resolved while also satisfying our internal compliance responsibilities.”

It arranged for SW to get his £1,000 back, but refused to let him reopen his account.

Unhappy with that, he has decided to take his case to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

OUTCOME: Reader refunded £1,000 but takes case to Financial Ombudsman Service

Section

Free Tag

Related stories

Twitter



Source Moneywise http://ift.tt/2pycXVj

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق