Thousands of courses for $10 728x90

الجمعة، 16 مارس 2018

MyHermes says my bag has 'gone'

MyHermes says my bag has ‘gone’

Moneywise helps a reader whose valuable package was lost by MyHermes.

I sent a £300 Porsche Design handbag via parcel delivery company MyHermes as a Christmas gift. However, I didn’t take out insurance for the item. The company’s customer service originally said it had been delivered, but then changed its mind to ‘Lost’ and then ‘Gone’. That was five days after the initial pick-up, and I didn’t find out until after Christmas that it hadn’t arrived. I emailed the senior management about it and was offered £20 plus a refund of the £9.29 postage charge. Can you help?

SW/London

Yet another tale of woe about a valuable lost package. My advice would be to hand-deliver where possible, which can also be an excuse to take the time to meet up with cherished friends and family.

Failing that, I would always take out delivery insurance in case things go wrong. I think anyone selling items online should build into their charge the cost of delivery insurance so that no one loses out if things go wrong.

The good news is that in this case Hermes decided to play fair.

A spokesperson says: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused and, as a goodwill gesture, we will reimburse the declared value of the item in question.

“Over the course of the year more than 99% of the 300 million parcels we deliver arrive on time and without any problems and we continue to investigate this incident. However, we always advise customers to take out necessary cover for valuable items.”

 OUTCOME: Reader refunded £300 cost of lost handbag

Section

Free Tag

Related stories

Twitter



Source Moneywise http://ift.tt/2FNGfph

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق